Monday, December 14, 2009

The U.S. International Trade Commission

I interned at the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) during a six-month period, from January to June 1984. The internship, part of my LL.M. degree requirement at the American University Law School, was arranged by Dean Claudio Grossman, who at that time served as Director of the LL.M. program.

My section chief at the USITC was Michael P. Mabile, Esq. (Assistant General Counsel for Litigation), who completed a law school internship progress report for me. Mr. Mabile is now a partner at King & Spalding.

My immediate supervising attorney was Jack M. Simmons, III who now practices for the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, 441 Fourth Street, NW, Sixth Floor South, Washington, DC 20001-2714. Telephone: (202) 724-6653; Fax(202) 727-0431; Email: jack.simmons@dc.gov

While I was working at Akin Gump, I saw Jack Simmons several times on the subway. I formed the paranoid impression that someone at Akin Gump had contacted Mr. Simmons about me.

International Trade is a major practice area of the firm. Patrick F. J. Macrory, Esq., an Akin Gump partner since 1990, taught an international trade course I took at American University Law School in the fall of 1984.

No comments: