Thursday, November 18, 2010

First Amendment: The Bounds of Protected Speech as it Relates to Federal Judges

A web page critical of a federal judge contains the following comment:

#4 Besoeker he will brpobably get a house near uds, i can
add too the video 1 bullet bought lgally form a gunshop in
the US can kill him in a instant, and how did that stupid
bitch become a judge
Posted by Mt Dew addiction 2009-04-01 14:20||   2009-04-01 14:20||
 Front Page Top

On April 26, 2010 I brought this matter to the attention of the U.S. Marshal, which serves as a protective service for federal judges. The U.S. Marshal did absolutely nothing about this web page.

And yet the U.S. Marshal investigated me beginning in November 2009 because I accurately quoted the same federal judge referenced above as saying "This case has been screaming for attention for years." My quotation does not refer to violence or incite violence.

It just happens that I used the quote in a blog post about my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, one of whose senior attorneys is Vernon E. Jordan, Jr. Mr. Jordan happens to be a friend of the Attorney General, Eric H. Holder, Jr. The U.S. Department of Justice is the parent organization of the U.S. Marshal Service.

In my opinion, the U.S. Marshal's investigation of me and my blog reeks of corruption: an attempt to stifle my First Amendment right to publish facts about my employment experiences, including the fact that, according to the D.C. Government, I formed a genuine good faith belief that Akin Gump has perpetrated a series of crimes (that might amount to racketeering under federal law).

In Israel, there's something called Vitamin P. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Several years ago, it was Vernon Jordan who introduced Eric Holder to the future President of the United States, Barack Obama. But for Vernon Jordan, Eric Holder might not have become Attorney General of the United States.  Does Eric Holder feel beholden?

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

April 26, 2010

To the U.S. Marshal:

I want to alert you to a disturbing post about Judge xxxxxxx on the
internet. The comments are extremely disrespectful and disturbing. I am concerned about the selective concern that the U.S. Marshal has shown about my writings, which have always been factual and professional in tone:

http://www.rantburg.com:8080/poparticle.php?ID=266589&D=2009-04-01&HC=2

GARY FREEDMAN
202 362 7064