Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Professional Visit from the U.S. Secret Service

I received a visit from The U.S. Secret Service this afternoon. The concerns of the Secret Service were raised by the following post I published yesterday November 17, 2010.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/11/do-you-think-i-can-get-us-secret.html

I have been interviewed by the U.S. Secret Service and other federal and local law enforcement officers numerous times, beginning in December 1994.

The interview was typical of the interviews I've had in the past and didn't arouse my paranoid suspicions.

The Secret Service interview today only served to bolster my feeling that the U.S. Marshal interview of me on Friday January 15, 2010 was suspect, and perhaps corrupt.

The Secret Service did not ban me from visiting the White House.  When I asked if the Secret Service would ban me from writing to the President, the agent said: "We can't tell you not to write letters."

The Secret Service did not open the interview by asking me if I had attended the opera recently.  The agents did not ask me where I eat out.  The agents did not ask me what supermarkets I shop at.  The agents did not ask what movie theaters I attend.  The agents did not bar me from attending the Episcopal church a block or so from the White House, which President Obama and his family attend on occasion.  The agents did not ask me what I might say to Dennis Race if I happened to see him in a men's room, or anywhere for that matter.

The Secret Service, unlike the U.S. Marshal, did not ask me if I was "looking for a spiritual connection in life."  I still don't know what a spiritual connection is.  The Marshal never explained that.

The Secret Service, unlike the U.S. Marshal, did not ask: "What was your motivation in writing a blog?"  I found that question posed by a Deputy U.S. Marshal particularly disturbing.  By analogy, it's one thing for the federal government to be concerned about the New York Times publishing confidential documents -- like The Pentagon Papers -- but for federal officers to ask the publisher of the Times, "What is your motivation in publishing a newspaper?" -- well, I would find that deeply troubling.

The Secret Service, unlike the U.S. Marshal, did not ask: "What exactly is it that you are looking for?"

The agents did not reflex when I mentioned particular words and phrases.  The Deputy Marshal who interviewed me in January reflexed constantly upon hearing the most commonplace words, words like "smell," "fine," "superior," or "pleadings."  That behavior went on throughout the interview, and after.

The agents did not ask any questions with an intense look of anger, that was frightening in intensity.

The agents did not solicit my camaraderie, such as, "My name is Derrick.  You can autograph the book to Derrick."

The Secret Service interview seemed ordinary; the U.S. Marshal interview, by comparison, even after all these months, seems almost bizarre.

Oddly enough, earlier this afternoon, while I was at the library, I received an email from the Deputy Marshal who interviewed me in January.  It was a friendly message; it was only the second email he has sent me and  the first time the Marshal emailed me since January 15, 2010, the day the Marshal interviewed me at my home.

My conclusion?  There is corruption in the Justice Department, and my belief that there is corruption was only bolstered by my Secret Service interview today.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-was-objectively-peculiar-about.html

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/paranoid-connections-case-of-lanny.html

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Corruption in the Justice Department -- at the highest levels? I guess I am psychotic after all. Just keep sending those checks.

My Daily Struggles said...

The Secret Service, unlike the U.S. Marshal, did not ask: "What was your motivation in writing a blog?"

There are just some questions you don't ask of someone whose childhood hero happened to be John Peter Zenger.

You can see why that question enraged me.